Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home Improvement

The hubster has been nagging me for a while to blog about his new deck he built. It's pretty nice and he actually finished it which a rarity around here.

So, while it might not be as interesting as, say, telling you that Charlie Pride was as drunk as Cooter Brown at the Grand Ole Opry, please bear with me and ooh! and ahh! at the end to boost Wes' ego.

Who is Cooter Brown and why is he the standard for drunkenness?

When we last updated the deck saga, Wes looked like this:


He made some progress on his own:



Then he very craftily managed to sucker our smart friend, Kirk, a.k.a The One Who Does Not Smile, into helping him and they were later joined by a good friend, Kevin.



Looks like Wes and Kevin mostly "supervised."



More evidence of Wes' supervisory capabilities.

It's like I've always said...use your friends wisely.



Apparently there was also some child labor involved.

But in all seriousness, Wes did a great job and I love my new deck!



Ta-Da!

And no, the blue canopy does not belong there. It's actually for Hayley's soccer team but we are the guardians of said canopy and it came in really handy for Caitlin's birthday party. Because it was ding dang HOT out there!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to lounge about on my new deck.

11 comments:

Mich said...

Nice looking deck! Way to go Wes!

My favorite carpenter was the little guy in the red shirt. Isn't he just the cutest? Love him to pieces!

Enjoy!

Kendra said...

Lovely deck! Wish my husband could do something. I have to beat him in the head just to change a light bulb!

Anonymous said...

Cool deck... you can decorate it with brown sofas.

Becky said...

Great Job Wes....and Kirk....and Kevin....and Tate!! Love the deck!
Didn't you all have an awesome deck at your last housez? I think Wes also built that one....with a little help?

Nina Diane said...

looks great! So....sounds like my husband is not the only one who doesn't always finish a project. But yeah, your's did finish the deck!

buscher3 said...

Very nice!!! Maybe that gator neighbor of yours can crawl up and sunbathe. ;-)

Lindsay said...

Way to go, Wes. Nice place to spend the summer.

Amber said...

Woo Hoo!!! It looks great!!!

Smart Friend says, "I couldn't have done it without Wes and Kevin."

How's that for humility WITHOUT a smile!!!! :)

Carpool Queen said...

Oh my word! That deck is GORGEOUS!!! I know you're happy happy. Even tho' Kirk is not.

Tiffani said...

LOVE it, know you'll love it too!

I'll pretend I didn't see a child with a power tool on this post ;)

and Cooter Brown..that's one of life's unanswerable questions I think!!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Actually I would trust that child with a power tool before all the other kids :)

Love it....when can they get started on ours!