Wednesday, June 10, 2009

10 Things on the 10th



My good friend, Mer is hostessing a bloggy party today and of course, I hate to miss a good party! So without further adieu...

Ten Books I Can't Wait To Read This Summer (and are on my Amazon wishlist, ahem!):

10.

Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell. Because this guy is my hero.

9.

First Family by David Baldacci. Because I love suspense.

8.

The Last Patriot by Brad Thor. Because I have a huge crush on Navy SEAL turned Homeland Security operative Scot Harvath.

7.

The Apostle by Brad Thor. Did I mention my obsession with covert counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath?

6.

American Progressivism by Ronald J. Pestritto. Because Glenn Beck says I need to read it. And I always do what Glenn Beck says.

5.

The Real George Washington by Jay A. Parry. Because Glenn told me to.

4.

Daemon by Daniel Suarez. Because it sounds suspenseful...and Glenn liked it.

3.

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Because it seems very timely....and, um, Glenn talks about it a lot.

2.

Inside the Revolution: How the Followers of Jihad, Jefferson & Jesus Are Battling to Dominate the Middle East and Transform the World by Joel Rosenberg. Because I'm fascinated by the Middle East and I really like Joel's books...and, Glenn interviews Joel a lot.

1.

An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Because this is the newest release in my all-time favorite series, The Outlander Series. Yep, I even like this series more than Twilight. I know, I KNOW!

8 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Um, remind me that I can't be in your book club. You're too smart for me friend. I usually read light and fluffy stuff...stuff that doesn't require me to engage my brain. That's why I like you though, Lisa. You're brilliant and you challenge yourself. ;)

Carpool Queen said...

Look at you with all those smarty-pants books! I like David McCullough - His book on John Adams is phenomenal. Add that to your September list.

Amber said...

This is why you are my smart friend. Not a trashy beach read on the list. I'll take care of those for you.

Michelle C said...

Okay, so I'm visiting from Meredith's. I like your list - because it will help me with my Father's Day shopping. :) I also had to add that I noticed that you are reviewing the Patriot's Bible. My mom bought it for me the other day and I LOVE IT!!! I was going to blog about it next week.

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

Check out my blog...I've got a little somethin' for ya!

Kendra said...

Nice fun, summer girlie beach reading list ther, Lisa.

Tiffani said...

I'll stick with Mer on the light and fluffy...holy cow, girlie!!

That's an impressive list!!

Anonymous said...

You and my husband could definitely be book buddies. Thanks for listing these. I'm going to bookmark it for gift possibilities for him.

Now if Glenn told you to jump off a bridge....

Just kidding. I kind of like the Glennster myself.