Monday, June 29, 2009

Great American Road Trip Day 4

The last post ended with us hittin' the hay in Lynchburg, VA. We left bright and early for Williamsburg.

Flat Glenn was giddy with anticipation.



First, Caitlin did a little masonry work.



Then we stopped at the King's Arms Tavern to eat, of course.





Hayley is exasperated with all the mortifying picture taking. I do not know what is going on with Wes.

I ate this:



Your welcome, Amb!

We visited the wigmaker...



and the home of George Wythe, a tutor and friend of Thomas Jefferson. He also let George Washington and his men use his home to plan the Battle of Yorktown where Cornwallis surrendered.



This is George Wythe's office where he practiced law and tutored Thomas Jefferson.


Flat Glenn and I were verklempt at the thought that we were standing in the very rooms where George Washington strategized for the most decisive victory of the American Revolution.

We also ran into French General Rochambeau who was kind enough to pose for a picture, much to Hayley's dismay.



It was very hot and we walked. A LOT. I would not have been a good settler. I would have been one of the wienies that got back on the boat and headed for England.

I lost my sense of humor somewhere near the Magazine.

But when we got back to the hotel, Wes ordered room service for the girls and we had a "date night."



I married a genius!

Next stop, D.C.

1 comment:

Amber said...

My favorite part...aside from the picture of the food, thank you BTW....is the part when you have to kill me if you tell me about the Spy Museum.

You make me snort giggle all over myself. You and that Flat Glenn.

Seriously. I'd pay you money to be on that trip with you right.this.second.