2. When describing said kicky shoes, do not use the adjective "girl" with -y on the end. You get lots of creepy Google hits from foreign countries, as my friend Carpoolqueen found out.
3. I like sweet potatoes. If my Mom is reading this she is shocked. I have hated, HATED them since I can remember. However, being on a strict, low-cal, low-fat diet will make you glad to eat cardboard. I recommend about 3 packets of Splenda and 2 or 6 teaspoons of cinnamon. For the potato, not the cardboard. Although, that might work too.
4. I am sadly lacking in any kind of knowledge of the history of my hometown as evidenced by my being no help whatsoever with my daughter's history homework.
5. I am a mean mom because I won't go buy my daughter a new Nintendo DS tonight so she can take it to school tomorrow. (The teacher rewards the kids by letting them bring iPods, DSs and whatnot occasionally.) Nevermind that she already has a DS; she just can't find it. And it's sooooo hard to look for things. And I won't mention the Gameboy she lost on vacation.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Things I've Learned This Week
1. A kicky new pair of shoes makes me feel almost as sassy as a pedicure.