Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Miscellany

Friday night I went on a much-needed Girls' Night Out with some of the girls from church: Amber , Stephanie, Jennifer, Teresa, Mona and Sarah. Word to the wise--if you want to have time to go to Hobby Lobby's 1/2 price scrapbook supplies sale, don't eat at Chili's. SLOW, VERY SLOW.


Since Hobby Lobby was closed by the time we finished eating, and this sad fact resulted in much wailing and gnashing of teeth, there was only one course of action that would console my heart...


PEDICURES!!!








By the time we were done, we were all feeling pretty sassy and vowed that next Girls' Night Out we would get tattoos.

Oh, I kid!

Not really.

Maybe a teeny tiny one?!

Or a nose ring.

If you knew us, you would be rolling on the floor right now laughing at the preposterous-ness (is that a word? It is now.) of the very idea!

After the luxury of all things pedicure-related, we headed to Books-A-Million since it was the only thing still open. Yeah, they roll the sidewalks up at 9:00 pm around here. We browsed the bargain books, purchased chocolate caramel lattes and discussed politics, education, and current events. Lest you think we are dull, I'll just say that the conversation took a turn that resulted in much giggling and out-right guffawing. And there may or may not have been a high-five involved. *grin*

Today, I am attempting to purge some drawers and closets for the upcoming garage sale. *sigh* You may remember I already did this once last fall. How is it that I still have so much stuff I can live without? Why do I have these things?!

Also, just to follow up on an urgent matter. Do you remember I asked if any of you had used this?



Well, I finally found one and I LOVE IT!!!

I know you have all been on pins and needles wanting to know my opinion of the Pet Hair Sweeper. Now you can rest easy.

6 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I'm going to come and hang out with all of y'all, for I dearly love all things Chili's, pedicures, and bookstores.

Y'all are on your own for the tats, though.

Amber said...

High Five!!

Had the best time....we need to make this a ritual. Because I'm digging my toes.

Mich said...

Sounds like you gals had a good time...I'm jealous!

Christian Gillum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

I had a great time and keep admiring my toes!!!!!!!!!! I don't think that I've laughed that hard in a really hard time!!!!

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

I'm jealous...haven't had a pedicure in way too long1

Maybe you all should have just gone wild and gotten temporary tats. My mom, mother in law, daughter, and myself all got them on our ankles several years ago at the beach. It was fun, and oh, we felt like such rebels! I think that we were all happy to see them wear off after about 3 weeks though! :)