Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beach Getaway Day 1 and 2



This is the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort where Wes has a conference.



This is Wes and me being giddy.

Ok, so that's not really us. Those people are much younger and thinner...but not happier, I can tell you that!

This is the view from where we're sitting.



Do you know what you CAN'T see in any of these pictures?

My kids.

What a shame.

Oh, don't worry. They're having a blast at G & G (Grandma & Grandpa) Camp with all the cousins.

This is the dive where we ate like the locals.






Would you look at the view I had to look at



while I ate this



And lest you think this vacation is all about eating...

well, yeah. It is.

We ate here last night.



Do not judge a restaurant by it's name.



I had Blue Crab Stuffed Squash Gratin to start.



Peeps, I have never had anything this tasty before. Wow.

Then, Wes and I shared the Surf 'n Turf, which was short ribs and Catfish Meuniere. If you've never had Catfish Meuniere, your life is incomplete. It is lightly battered and fried catfish with a brown butter sauce. You must have it. Now.

Anyhoo, the ribs and fish were served on a bed of the creamiest, most perfectly seasoned cheese grits I've ever had. And don't even get me started on the perfectly browned potatoes and steamed green beans with the most delicious smoky grilled tomatoes. Oh. My. Word.



And that's just my half.

So we rolled out of Stinky's, literally, and headed home to get rested up for another tough day at the beach. It's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it.

4 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

"You.are.killing.me." she said as she ate her leftover lunch.

Amber said...

You already know how envious I am of you and this trip, so I'm going to save all my "I'm Coveting" comments.

Wait. No I'm not.

I'm coveting.

And you know that the only thing that would make the trip better would be if you had some after dinner entertainment provided by yours truly. *wink*

Miss you.

Lori said...

Glad you're taking care of the beach for us. That food looks amazing. Will you bring us back some in a doggie bag? Enjoy!

Unknown said...

That first pic looked the best! I bet G+G camp was better! I mean Kansas!?!?!