Monday, February 22, 2010

I Despise Windows

Have you noticed that I've been somewhat absent in the blogosphere lately?

I have a laptop running Windows Vista that I used to really like. Notice the past tense usage.

I think I have worms...the electronic kind. As a result, it took 54 MINUTES to start my computer (including restarting twice by removing the battery), open Internet Explorer and log in to the website I wanted to use. I feel like a caveman.

Anyone have any suggestions? Other than buying a Macbook? I've tried three different registry cleaners and three different anti-virus programs.

Blogging from my iPhone is not really practical for anything other than short, plain blogs. Also, if you've noticed that I haven't been leaving comments on your blogs, please know that I miss you but using Google Reader on my phone makes me crazy and leaving comments is even harder.

I think this is electronic payback for my dissing the new Apple iPad. I would dearly LOVE to have one right now.


- Posted using BlogPress from Dixie, my iPhone

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Can you uninstall Windows and then re-install it? I really know very little about computers, but I do know that lots of people have complained about Windows Vista. Sorry. I'm not much help.

Nina Diane said...

it happened to us. We had to have it professionally cleaned. didn't lose anything...they remove your files and clean them. clean your computer, then put your files back on. well worth the $140 it cost us vs having to buy another computer. We now use Kapersky (sp?)

Tiffani said...

oh I hate that for you!!

I'm scared because I feel like something may be coming on with mine...

Hang in there...wish I knew something to tell you to do!!