Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Ten Things That Freak Me Out
My friend, Mer is hosting a fun linky. Today, in honor of the ginormous snakes that I've seen crossing my road, I'm going to list the ten things that really freak me out.
10. Sharks. I don't live near the ocean and I hardly ever go to the beach so I'm not sure why I have a problem with sharks. More of a morbid fascination, actually.
9. Al Franken being elected a U.S. Senator. Sort of.
8. Guys that wear black hi-top Reeboks. I once stopped dating a guy in college because I saw him wearing these. Not proud of that, but there it is. In his defense it was the 90s. But they are still ugly.
6. Chewing gum. This one doesn't so much freak me out as irritate me. My husband has known me for 19+ years. To this day, he still offers me a piece of gum when he opens the pack. Grrrr!
5. Vomit. I'll spare you a picture of this one.
4. Heights. No picture for this one either.
3. The irrational fear that Glenn Beck will decide to retire from radio and tv.
2. Spiders. My husband once took me to spend the night in a hotel because I found one of these in our apartment. How great is he?! Oh, and we moved the next day. Remind me to tell you that story sometime.
1. Snakes. My husband ran over one of these last night. Except it was 10 ft long. Ok, not really. 6 feet. Ok, I'm still exaggerating but it WAS twice the length and thickness of the one in the picture. Then I saw another at least this big this afternoon. I was unable to run over it because I had my feet up in the seat and couldn't reach the gas pedal.