Monday, February 9, 2009

Amazing Pork Loin

I just made a totally rockin' pork loin in my crock pot. Here's a link to the recipe in case you'd like to try it. I highly recommend it!

So today was definitely Monday.

I had to wait on the heat and air guy AGAIN. We now have a/c which I guess is ok since it's been 70 degrees. However, we still don't have heat which is not ok since, HELLO!, this is Arkansas in February and it is likely to be in the 20's again at a moment's notice. Supposedly he is ordering some parts and will be back at some future date yet to be determined. We have TWO units and neither one works right and they are only 3 years old. All I can say is never, ever, under any circumstances buy a Lennox. I don't care what kind of sale they have going or what kind of deal they make you...it is soooo not worth it.

Then I had to take the dog to get her stitches out and she threw the ugliest fit at the vet's office. She is such a weenie. And then I smelled like wet dog the rest of the day because, of course, it was raining.

Then I hurry to school to pick up Caitlin at 3:00, wait in that interminable car rider line only to remember that today is Benchmark tutoring after school and I don't have to pick her up until 5:00. Bummer.

Being the smart time manager that I am, I decided to make my weekly Wal-mart run while I'm killing time until I need to pick up Hayley at 4:00. Except I left my shopping list at home. So I proceeded to do my shopping from memory and miraculously only forgot one item which is probably the postive note on which I should end this post.

So consider this post done. Bye, y'all!

4 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Lisa...the last two Mondays have kicked my butt.

Last Monday we woke up and couldn't get our heat to turn on. We've had some nice weather, but it still dips into the 20s at night. Then, my van wouldn't start. All this before 8:30 on Monday AM. $300 later...the furnace was fixed and the van was running.

TODAY, I lost my car keys. I swear, I haven't lost my keys in 10+ years. I forgot a HUGE volunteer commitment tomorrow and I've just been scrambling all day.

I'm thinking of starting a Facebook group: I'm NOT a fan of Mondays. I'll invite you to join, 'kay?

Oh...I so want to try that pork tenderloin. That sounds like a nice way to end your Monday.

Amber said...

Fun day. And good for you in only forgetting one thing at WalMart. I usually forget 10 and buy 20 that I don't need. Go figure.

buscher3 said...

Sounds like a fun day! Oh, btw, I added your recipe to my recipe box. I love "all recipes". 90% of my nightly cooking comes from there. I'm not really fond of the non-tenderness of pork...mainly b/c I usually get the cheapest part...the chops. But, I did buy some tender loins at Save-U-More this week on the get 5 for $20. Good stuff.

Unknown said...

I hope the week has shaped up to be a little better than it started!