Monday, September 1, 2008

Mystery solved!

Well, I've been in my attic all afternoon. I'm getting ready for a garage sale this weekend. Fortunately my sweet hubby was willing to help out on his day off because there were some really heavy boxes! I found some neat things I'd forgotten about, some cool stuff that might be useful but mostly I found junk. It's still a mystery why I packed and moved this stuff twice. However, we did solve one long-standing mystery....The Case of Wes' Missing Coats and Jackets.

Three years ago we had our last garage sale before we sold our house and moved into an apartment while we built our current home. Whew! We had boxes and bag of stuff everywhere, some to sell, some to donate, some to trash and some to move. Well...when we finally got settled in our new house and winter came...Wes had no coats or jackets! We turned the house upside down and searched to no avail. I remembered putting all of his winter stuff in a trash bag...oops, not a good thing to pack stuff in that you plan to keep! So we assumed the worst- that ALL of his winter stuff, leather coat, leather gloves, favorite windbreaker and sweats..etc. had either been thrown away or donated to a local charity. Wes was very unhappy.

So guess what we found in a box in the attic today? Yep, ALL of his coats and jackets!!! (So much for my "memory" of packing them in a trash bag.) He is so pumped and can't wait for winter now! Now if only we can find Caitlin's Blinkie...

3 comments:

Amber said...

Don't you love it when you prove that you haven't gone completely crazy?!?! I'm so far behind on this garage sale...my attic venture is tomorrow night. I'm scared to discover what I'll find!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Maybe I need to have a garage sale so I can go through all my unpacked boxes (from FIVE years ago) and find some things that I've been missing.

Tell Wes I'm glad he won't freeze this winter! :)

Hope your yard sale is a success.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Lisa...after I read your blog, I read my friend Leah's. You should read her post http://leahbellesworld.blogspot.com/2008/09/funny-discovery.html

She found something too!